I keep thinking about that last post with its list and those sons. One list has bumped its way into a next, falling into line, one thought after another. See, we started adding daughters in law to our family mix a little over two years ago, and our family dynamic quickly changed. Now we’re up to two marriages and one very serious relationship. There are some things these girls really need to know, like, how I fear failing them. I fear not measuring up against their own amazing moms. I fear giving them bad advice. I fear they’ll see all my mistakes and faults, and not through any character shortcoming of their own, simply not be able to see past mine.
And so, another list of things I’d like these kids to know I said.
- I think you’re beautiful.
- I don’t how how my son got so lucky.
- God blessed our family with you.
- I admire the woman you are and wish I’d known the girl.
- I think you’re scary brilliant.
- I couldn’t have made a better choice for someone to love my son.
- Your talent continually amazes me.
- I’m grateful, thankful, and thrilled for the way you love Jesus.
- You’re going to be an outstanding mom.
- I owe a debt of gratitude to your parents for the way they raised you.
- I hope and I pray that we become better friends every year.
- Sometimes, I wish you lived next door.
- You’re the daughter I always wanted.
- The way you look into his eyes, melts this momma’s heart.
- You should open that business you dream of.
- You’re the woman I wish I could have been at your age.
- I prayed for you all your life and still do. Every. Single. Day.
- Being a soulmate is the second hardest job in the world. You are doing fantastic.
- I’ve prayed every single day of his life that he’d be the man of God, husband, and father of your future children that you need him to be.
- Thank you for being the daughter, sister, and example that you are to your family and ours.
The thing I’m learning about listing is that none of the numbers apply to just one person. The numbers all have their niche in each life. So, there are more lists to come, but this is the end of this one for now.
More listing next time…